Wednesday, October 10, 2007

may i say hello

Hello.

I'm looking for my wife.

Wait...

If this is where it has to happen,
then this is where it has to happen.

I'm not letting you get rid of me.
How about that?




This used to be my specialty.
I was good in a living room.

I've performed in literally hundreds
if not 1,000s of living rooms.
I'm grateful you are with me
and giving me such
great space. Thank you!


And now, I just...

Tonight... our little company
had a very big night
.

A very, very big night.

But it wasn't complete
.

It wasn't nearly close
to being complete
.

I couldn't share it with you.

I couldn't hear your voice.

I couldn't laugh about it with you.

I missed my... I missed my wife.

We live in a cynical world.

And we work in a business
of tough competitors.


I love you. You... complete me.

- And I just...
- Shut up!

You had me at "hello".

What a great discussion group.
i miss saying hello to you... even if you aren't my wife. Hi.

1 comment:

D'na Rahat said...

"With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls;
For stony limits cannot hold love out:
And what love can do, that dares love attempt;
Therefore thy kinsmen are no let to me..."

"...By love, that first did prompt me to enquire;
He lent me counsel, and I lent him eyes.
I am no pilot; yet, wert thou as far
As that vast shore wash'd with the furthest sea,
I would adventure for such merchandise..."

"...Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow
That I shall say good night till it be morrow..."

~jane